turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ilatray3
Returning Member

I was charged three different amounts how do I fix this

How do I get a refund
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

What 3 things were you charged for?    You can view your fees by opening your return, going to the left menu column, clicking on TAX TOOLS, then TOOLS.  In the Tools menu click the button MY FEES.

If you used Online Deluxe, that product is $40 for a Federal return and $40 for a state return.  And if you chose to pay those fees out of the Federal refund, there is an additional $40 service fee for that payment option ($45 for California filers).   That service fee can be avoided by paying upfront with credit/debit card or a prepaid debit card you can buy in a store.

Or did you have an optional add-on such as MAX Benefits?

Have you already paid/filed?  If not, you may be able to remove something.   If you haven't filed, and if you chose that "pay out of refund" method, we can tell you how to remove that and pay upfront.

ilatray3
Returning Member

Yes I have a 40,40 and

45 so that is the

cost now?

Are you a California filer?

You didn't say what the $45 is for, so we're having to try to guess.   Did you choose to pay your fees out of your Federal refund and have been charged an extra $45? 

If so, then you must be a California filer and are being charged for Premium Services.    In that case it would have charged you as follows:

$40 for a Federal return

$40 for a state return

$45 for "Premium Services", which is added in California if one chooses the option to pay the TurboTax fees out of the Federal refund.

If you are a California filer and have not filed, you can remove "Premium Services" and pay upfront with credit/debit card or a prepaid debit card you can buy in a store.    If that's your situation (California filer), here's how:

California filers can remove Premium Services and the "pay out of refund" option with this method:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/downgrading/help/how-do-i-remove-premium-services/00/26266

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies