Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

atopete82

I was charged for a service I did not want. It selected the TURBOTAX PREMIUM SERVICES BUNDLE by default which I did not realize after payment was made.

I paid with a credit card, but had originally selected the pay with Return option. When i switched payment option, it included benefit by default.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

25 Replies

I was charged for a service I did not want. It selected the TURBOTAX PREMIUM SERVICES BUNDLE by default which I did not realize after payment was made.

Can i get my money back for this issue ?
hjellea

This happened to me too. There was NO OPTION to remove or delete before paying.
JunioBug

I had an identical experience--charged for the Max Service when I originally declined it.  I've submitted a complaint to Consumer Affairs since this billing practice is unethical.  There are similar complaints--just google "Consumer Affairs TurboTax Max".  I recommend that you file a similar complaint since TurboTax will not refund the money.

The same thing happened for me! This is so annoying
alori003

Me too!  I went and paid with my CC  so that way it wouldn't automatically charge it (to pay fee from my refund was automatic auto defense- which i didn't want) and it still charged it.  I couldn't figure out how to remove it!  Now I'm seeing everywhere people are upset at this!  I'm thinking of just revoking the authorization with my CC and repaying it without the defense.

Totally shady way of getting $39.99!  No authorization of charge, no agreement, nothing telling you that you will be charged deluxe...A SCAM!  Then Customer Service Agent says that INTUIT did not charge my credit card, but a 3rd party company...WTF?!!  I am going to dispute the charge!

This same thing just happened to me as well.  What the heck??????

Same thing here. I thought intuite was above this type of shady dealing but guess I was wrong.
roger38232
Returning Member

actually, it forces you to review the order before you choose your payment option and even has a remove button next to those bundles....
atopete82

@roger38232 This was two years ago, they have fixed the issue since then. But thanks!
JunioBug

Yes, the issue was fixed for the 2018 filing period.  The original posting remains true at the time it was submitted (last year).

I just got charged for Max Defend and I didn't want it.
mounce

Same thing but they charged me $49.99 for max!

Yep that is what they charged me.  I called them and they said they would reverse the charges on my credit card but it hasn't happened yet.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies