bayren97

I wanted to ask, please. Does Turbotax assist with the Recovery Rebate Credit as well?

I have a 2020 W-2 form to file (tax return) and I already received my third stimulus check, but I missed the first and second stimulus checks and they were not sent/wired to me till now. I was even told before that I was qualified for the first check but I haven't received it till now and neither have I received the second stimulus check.
SteamTrain

If you did not receive those first two, then you will need to file your 2020 tax return to get the $$ credited to you.

You need to fill in absolutely everything else first so that all your 2020 Personal_Info/income/deductions/credits data has ben fully completed first, but then the software asks if you received either of the first two stimulus $$ during the Federal "Review" and you win need to indicate there that you received zero for both of them.   That will then make sure the proper amounts are entered on line 30 (Corrected line #) of the form 1040 as "credits" for your 2020 taxes.

*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
bayren97

Hello

Thank you for your response.

Yes, I understand that I need to file your 2020 tax return to get the stimulus credited to me. So TurboTax does assist with that? (yes or no).

So I don't actually need to mail in anything else my mail or anything like that?

Thank you

SteamTrain

AS long as you can successfully e-file your 2020 tax return, then nothing has to be mailed in 

.........(perhaps some exceptions for special situation I can't predict...or for people who do day trading in the stock market with thousands of transactions)

......but you must keep printed copies of everything in a tax folder... in case the IRS asks questions about some of your entries....sometime in the next months-to-years.