turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I want to prepare my tax return bot not submit because I want to submit jointly with my wife, who will prepare her tax return offline. Can I do this with TurboTax?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I want to prepare my tax return bot not submit because I want to submit jointly with my wife, who will prepare her tax return offline. Can I do this with TurboTax?

If you are going to submit jointly with your wife, all income and expenses received and incurred by both of you are reported on the same form.

You're duplicating your work in this case, because you're doing one and she's doing one, and you'll have to combine them anyway.  

Turbo Tax can handle both taxpayers' information as a married filing jointly return.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

If you are going to submit jointly with your wife, all income and expenses received and incurred by both of you are reported on the same form.

You're duplicating your work in this case, because you're doing one and she's doing one, and you'll have to combine them anyway.  

Turbo Tax can handle both taxpayers' information as a married filing jointly return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies