Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jeff18

Check says Hdeduc is marked as estimated but it doesn't show and I can't unmark it.

Return check says Hdeduc is marked as estimated but it doesn't show and I can't unmark it.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
jeff18

Check says Hdeduc is marked as estimated but it doesn't show and I can't unmark it.

Follow-up

I got some help from the TurboTax.   It is a program glitch.   Just go into forms mode, delete the form causing the problem  ( after you copy all of the info out of it)  then reenter the same info.   Problem solved.

J

View solution in original post

54 Replies
jeff18

Follow-up

I got some help from the TurboTax.   It is a program glitch.   Just go into forms mode, delete the form causing the problem  ( after you copy all of the info out of it)  then reenter the same info.   Problem solved.

J

So this has been a bug for at least two years running.  The OP evidently was working on 2017 returns, but I just hit this bug while working on (late) 2016 returns with TT 2016.  The Recommended Answer was helpful: I had to delete the worksheet.  To be sure it was correct, after deleting the worksheet, I went into forms mode and looked up the worksheet, and it was generated and appeared to be correct.  The only difference between the problematic worksheet and the regenerated worksheet was the first field on the page, which had a value of zero on the problematic worksheet and was blank on the regenerated worksheet.  I think this probably happened because when filling in the form for the Social Security 1099, I had originally marked multiple fields as estimated.  Even though I removed the estimated markings before running Smart Check, apparently that was too late to avoid encountering this TT BUG.

This is ridiculous that it hasn't been fixed, I have so many entries.  To have to go back and re-enter everything due to program glitch that has been know for this long is unacceptable.  Fix this bug!

I've run into the same issue.  I am considering just ignoring the REVIEW warning and just mark it as DONE, and move on.  I don't see any harm in method on my bottom line.
mlawler14

There is an option to uncheck estimated in the "edit" tab (next to file). I figured it out for my child's SS#  after waiting 30 mins on the phone.
mmhaupt

I also just had this problem with 2018, which is the exact same as last year (2017).  When I run the Smart Check, I states that I have "Hdeduc marked estimate" on my Medical Expenses Worksheet. I shouldn't have to delete a worksheet and re-enter it to make it work . . . Turbo Tax, can you please fix this bug??
tb4

I had the same problem on Form 2441 - used the recommended deletion of form and re-entry of data and it worked.  What a pain!

I too experienced the "Hdeduc is marked as estimated" error on the Sch A Line 1 worksheet. Early in my tax data input effort I flagged some of these data as estimated. Once I input the correct data I reset the estimated flag. Evidently once the estimated flag is set on this worksheet the code is buggy such that you can't reset it. I went into form mode, selected the worksheet, and selected print preview to view the data. Once I could see the print preview as a pdf, I deleted the worksheet. Then I opened the Sch A form, clicked on line 1 and then re-entered the data using the data shown in the pdf. Here we are, deep into the 21st century, and Intuit can't (more likely won't spend the money to) fix this systemic error. Sad to see Intuit has grown too big to concern themselves with such a "minor" feature to them but a PITA for their customers. Note: I've been using tax software since SoftView's Macintax on an SE30. Never seen a company not own up to and then fix their buggy code.

Same issue as others are noting.
Thankfully the arcane message about "Hdeduc" actually made it easy to find this thread.
At least it is an easy solution to this dumb problem.

Me too.
dogbo

3rd yr in a row this same error has come up for me.   GET IT FIXED TURBOTAX!!  
Alik
Level 1

I've gotten to this problem every year now from not sure how many years.
In the past I've always been able to fix it by  reading these posts  and then doing whatever it said.
but not this time.
I've deleted and then reentered the form I don't know how many times now.
There are no fields in it that are either marked estimated, or have any additional details.  There is only one field which has an option for Data Source. I I followed that data source and deleted the form it led to also.
no matter what I do, the error just remains there.

not only that, but it keeps creating these completely relevant for K-1 forms as if I was a farmer or had a corporation. I keep deleting them to but they just keep reappearing after every couple of runs through the review.

Any other suggestions, anyone? Since obviously two of the talks have no intent of doing anything about it

My only suggestion is to discuss this concern in a higher visibility location.  Amazon Reviews perhaps.  Twitter might be another option.  It's pretty evident that Intuit doesn't read their own forums, but they might pay attention if we started discussing this long standing problem in a more public location.
Alik
Level 1

just did exactly that on Amazon as per your smart suggestion.  I'm not much of a twitter user, so maybe someone else can do that.
it also seems like the reply to the initial post that creates the thread, but so long as that first person says it worked they just ignored afterwards.. So I think the thing to do is just create a new thread about it.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies