turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

newbie-do

My spouse is an independent sales rep for a home and personal products company. What is the $ threshold to report this income?

She is part time and on straight commission.  She has been categorized as homemaker before.  At what income level does she become a sales rep?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

My spouse is an independent sales rep for a home and personal products company. What is the $ threshold to report this income?

All income has to be reported.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

All income has to be reported.

newbie-do

I understand that, but is it important to call her a "homemaker" or "sales rep" in the Personal Information section or does it really matter?

It isn't very important.  My preference is to indicate her primary source of income, even if it is low.  But either way is OK
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies