Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

wienliebe

I switched insurance plans half way through the year and have two form 1095s (was covered all year). How do I fill this out to show full coverage but different premiums?

On one 1095-A the first half of the year has zeros under columns A, B, and C (part 3, monthly enrollment premiums, monthly second lowest cost silver plan premium, and monthly advance payment of premium tax credit) and the second 1095-A has zeros in those same columns for the other six months of the year. Turbo tax is flagging the information, saying I can't have zeros in those columns. What do I do? I have uploaded the information from both policies as provided on the forms.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

I switched insurance plans half way through the year and have two form 1095s (was covered all year). How do I fill this out to show full coverage but different premiums?

You can try removing the $0 entries and leaving those boxes blank. Make sure there are no boxes that have duplicate entries from one form to the other.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

You will enter both of the 1095-A forms one after the other ... do NOT combine them on one form.  And a ZERO is not an allowable amount ... leave the boxes with zeros in them blank in the program.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies