turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mrpd

I paid to upgrade from deluxe to premier and 1 computer did but Surface pro still shows deluxe.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I paid to upgrade from deluxe to premier and 1 computer did but Surface pro still shows deluxe.

You appear to be using desktop software (CD/download).   And did you do an in-program upgrade from Deluxe to Premier?    If so, a second computer would not know you upgraded the software on the first computer. 

You'll need to speak to TurboTax Support by phone to resolve this.

If it were me, I'd ask them to provide you a download of the actual Premier installation file, so if you ever have to reinstall for some reason, this won't happen again in the future.

If you are an Advantage member (annual subscription), log into your Advantage account and scroll down past the FAQ links.  Near the bottom of the page you should find a special Advantage phone number to directly contact Customer Support.

If you are not an Advantage member, use the form at the link below to schedule a callback.  Hours are 5AM-9PM Pacific (8AM-12 Midnight Eastern) 7 days/week.

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact

View solution in original post

5 Replies

You appear to be using desktop software (CD/download).   And did you do an in-program upgrade from Deluxe to Premier?    If so, a second computer would not know you upgraded the software on the first computer. 

You'll need to speak to TurboTax Support by phone to resolve this.

If it were me, I'd ask them to provide you a download of the actual Premier installation file, so if you ever have to reinstall for some reason, this won't happen again in the future.

If you are an Advantage member (annual subscription), log into your Advantage account and scroll down past the FAQ links.  Near the bottom of the page you should find a special Advantage phone number to directly contact Customer Support.

If you are not an Advantage member, use the form at the link below to schedule a callback.  Hours are 5AM-9PM Pacific (8AM-12 Midnight Eastern) 7 days/week.

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact

mrpd

I sent a request for download thru the link and still haven't received an answer

It doesn't work that way.  You have to speak by phone with an agent likely with a call back.  Or did you indeed schedule a call back?

I'll post you some screen images on how that form works.  It'll take a few minutes.

Did you fill out the first form at that link, then on the next screen filled out another form?  And did a third screen ask you about getting/scheduling a call back?   Some people might be offered a phone number.

They close in ten minutes.  Once they are closed, you can't use this procedure until they open tomorrow at 5AM Pacific (8AM Eastern.)

See the screen images I added to my answer above.

The example screens I posted said "Paid for upgrade and need download file for Premier."    But you can ask the question however you want.    The method with a full Premier installation file will require you to uninstall your current Deluxe software on Computer 2 and then install the dedicated Premier software if you take that approach.

If that's not what you want to do, just say something like "Need help to get the upgrade I paid for."  And when you talk to Support, you and they can figure out which method to resolve your situation.  And they can likely do an in-product upgrade if you want that approach.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies