Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I selected to have my federal taxes owed broken up into a short-term payment plan. How do I find out what that schedule is and what the amounts of the payments will be?

I've already e-filed but have not paid anything toward my federal taxes owed yet.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I selected to have my federal taxes owed broken up into a short-term payment plan. How do I find out what that schedule is and what the amounts of the payments will be?

Normally the installment plan form (9465) requires you to say what you will pay, when day of the month the money can be pulled from your bank account etc.  Best thing is to set up a personal account with the IRS and then you can see when the installment plan posts.  IRS will probably send you a letter about the payment plan.

FWIW:  Anything you pay online at the IRS tomorrow (4/18) will not accrue interest.  The installment plan does accrue some interest.  

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

You can visit the IRS website for information on how to review the details of your payment plan.

How do I review or revise an existing plan?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies