sierrad09

I received short term disability and it is included in the W-2 I provided, is there anything else I need to add? I want to make sure I file that.

I don't see that the Short Term Disability amount is being added to my wages, is that how it's supposed to be?
PatriciaV

Yes, if you entered all the information from your W-2 as it appears on your copy and accurately answered any follow-up questions regarding that income, you should be fine. You can always work through the W-2 entry again to be sure.

Disability payments may or may not be taxable. Did you pay for the short term disability or did your employer? If your employer paid for the policy then the income is taxable to you. If you paid the premiums with after tax dollars (not deducted from your income before your payroll taxes were calculated) the income is not taxable to you. If you shared the cost of the premiums, then only the portion your employer paid for needs to be reported as taxable income.

See this article for more info: Are Short Term Disability Claim Payments Considered Earnings?