Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Colinzeye

I received my adjusted unemployment check but it was wrong by $1200, according to Turbo Tax. How do make this right?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

I received my adjusted unemployment check but it was wrong by $1200, according to Turbo Tax. How do make this right?

Wait until you get the letter from the IRS explaining how they calculated the additional refund. You should get the letter two or three weeks after you got the refund.

If the difference was exactly $1,200 you might have claimed a $1,200 Recovery Rebate Credit that you were not entitled to. That could happen if you told TurboTax that you did not receive a $1,200 stimulus payment, but the IRS did send the $1,200 payment to you. Is there $1,200 on line 30 of the Form 1040 that you filed? But you won't know for sure what happened until you get the IRS letter.

Colinzeye

There was not $1200 on line 30 on my 1040.  And it's not an even $1200 it was off, it is approximately 1200.

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

You will have to wait for the IRS letter to see what they did, then compare it to what TurboTax did.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies