Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dns170

I received federal taxes as a direct deposit (DD) but the state was sent by mail and returned to post office. I am sure I chose the DD option while filing. Any ideas why?

I checked the status of the state tax refund online. It was issued a month ago but was returned by the post office as the address was wrong.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I received federal taxes as a direct deposit (DD) but the state was sent by mail and returned to post office. I am sure I chose the DD option while filing. Any ideas why?

The state has the option to deny the DD if they choose ... all you can do now it put in a change of address with the state to get the refund check reissued.  See your state's web site for the process needed. 

dns170

Should I contact them immediately or there is a deadline for changing the address. I am not in the States now, so can I contact and get the check in later when I am in US?

They will be happy to hold the money until you do something to get it released.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies