Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

weeeedin

I received an unusual sum from "TAX PRODUCTS PE4 SBTPG LLC 20190220" I've never had this happen before. It's always the exact amount on my return. What is this from?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I received an unusual sum from "TAX PRODUCTS PE4 SBTPG LLC 20190220" I've never had this happen before. It's always the exact amount on my return. What is this from?

You apparently chose the option to have your TurboTax fees paid from your federal refund. Tax Products PE4 SBTPG is the bank that processes your refund that it receives from the IRS to deduct your fees and then send it on to your bank. You can check what the fees were at this link: https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2565973-how-do-i-review-my-fees-in-turbotax-online

View solution in original post

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

if you opted to pay your Turbo Tax fees by using your refund, the refund processing service used is Santa Barbara Tax Products Group.  

What do TAX PRODUCTS PE4 SBTPG LLC means? Santa Barbara Tax Products Group-they are the company that processes the refund whenever you choose to have your TurboTax fees deducted from your federal. The refund is sent to them, the fees are deducted, and then the remainder is sent to your bank. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

49 Replies

You apparently chose the option to have your TurboTax fees paid from your federal refund. Tax Products PE4 SBTPG is the bank that processes your refund that it receives from the IRS to deduct your fees and then send it on to your bank. You can check what the fees were at this link: https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2565973-how-do-i-review-my-fees-in-turbotax-online

AKbabe907

None of the answers regarding this helped me....whether it was on google in general or on here. I got a $500sum tax return last  year(2019)...this year its supposed to be almost $1000 BUT I got a deposit from that same weird name "tax products PE2etc..." that was $800 something..Now I am aware it came from Santa Barbara Tax Prod or whatever which is linked to Turbo Tax for processing but WHY am I getting this money? I'm not complaining everybody loves extra money and I'm keeping it but the status of my 2020 return says its being processed and isn't ready yet so I know that's not what that money is. And when you explain this can you dumb it down plz...Thaaaanks(:

if you check the status of your refund on IRS website now, it should show "Refund Sent".'

If not, then IRS is just too slow in updating the refund status page for you.

I am having this same problem. Did it ever update? Was it indeed your return?

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

if you opted to pay your Turbo Tax fees by using your refund, the refund processing service used is Santa Barbara Tax Products Group.  

What do TAX PRODUCTS PE4 SBTPG LLC means? Santa Barbara Tax Products Group-they are the company that processes the refund whenever you choose to have your TurboTax fees deducted from your federal. The refund is sent to them, the fees are deducted, and then the remainder is sent to your bank. 

My cash app say Pe4 but my turbo tax hasn't updated. Neither has the IRS. Gov site.

I recieved my refund on March 30th but it still doesn't show posted on either site???

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

it sounds like you had your Turbo Tax fees paid by your refund. If this happened, Turbo Tax uses a third party processing service to process your refund. SBTPG is an acronym for Santa Barbara Tax Product group. Here is their website link, that has their contact information. Check with them to see if they can provide you with an answer.

I received Ilan unusual sum from tax product SBTPG LLC is it the same sum from IRS ?

And now turbo tax is saying i didnt file my 2018 return with them, taking me thru hell to get my Aig from the irs

If you used the TurboTax online product and used another account, you would have to open that account to find your 2018 tax return. Use this link to recover other accounts: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/account-management/help/how-many-turbotax-accounts-do-i-have/00/26...

If you used the CD/download product to file your return, the only place you can find the 2018 tax return would be on your computer. TurboTax does not have copies of returns filed using the CD/download product. 

Hi,

Can someone explain why I would have a “tax product” deposit in my account  when I’ve NEVER done business with turbo tax? Every year my refund says US Treasury/IRS when the deposit shows up to my account why on earth would the IRS send my information to a 3rd party that I don’t do business with and from what I’m understanding of this thread they subtract a fee? My refund amount is off by THOUSANDS of dollars at that and I still haven’t received my stimulus! 

Santa Barbara Tax Products Group-is the company that processes the refund whenever you choose to have your software fees deducted from your federal. The refund is sent to them, the fees are deducted, and then the remainder is sent to your bank.

@Dontworryaboutit713

Thank you for the response. I did my taxes myself and sent them straight to the IRS I don’t use any software. I know most do but it’s because they don’t know how to file for free. I’ve done the same thing every year and never have my taxes said “tax products” for the deposit. Also that still doesn’t explain why it’s offset by THOUSANDS and no I don’t have any offsets. I don’t owe any child support , no judgments, don’t owe the IRS back taxes. I called the IRS offset number, the system literally stated I have no debts under my social security number 

If you don't use any software then do you get the blank forms and do them by hand?  Did you use Turbo Tax online?  Did you mail your return in or efile?  If you efiled you might have upgraded to a higher version and didn't notice the fees if they were selected to be deducted from your refund.  The refund only goes though the 3rd party bank when you have the fees deducted from a refund.  You should call the SBTPG and see if they sent you someone else's refund.  

Oh and you might check 1040 line 30 to see if you claimed an amount  for the 1st or 2nd stimulus.  The IRS has been adjusting returns for that if they already sent you the first 2 stimulus checks.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies