I received an internship stipend for work done over the summer; where do I report it if I did not receive a Form 1099?

I worked at an internship over the summer and received a stipend. I didn't (and will not) receive any paperwork for my taxes. Where do I fill this out for TurboTax Free File online? I tried reporting it as Miscellaneous Income, but then when I went to review it said it was filing as unearned income and I would have to file a Form 8615 and enter my parents' social security numbers. However, I am filing independently and this is my own income.

TurboTax Free Edition does not support Form 1040 Schedule 1 which is the Schedule needed to report your internship stipend.  You will need to purchase Turbotax Deluxe to report your internship stipend.

To enter your internship stipend in TurboTax Deluxe follow these steps.

With TurboTax open select  Wages & Income click on I'll choose what I work on.

Scroll down to Less Common Income and select Miscellaneous Income, 1099-A, 1099-C

On the next page select Other reportable income 

On the page Other Taxable Income enter internship stipend in the description. 

This will put the income on Form 1040 Schedule 1 Line 21 as required by the IRS.  You will pay state and federal income tax on the amount, but it will not be subject to self-employment tax.

Where do I enter travel expenses incurred while working on an internship?  I did not receive a W-2 nor 1099, therefore, entering through Miscellaneous Income is the only option as best I can tell, but unlike W-2 and 1099 dialogs there is no option to enter offsetting travel expenses.  Suggestions?

your personal travel expenses are not deductible, 

Why is this considered personal travel expenses?  They were incurred for the specific purpose of doing the work required to earn the internship.

under the 2017 tax law, unreimbursed travel expenses are not deductible (unless you are self-employed which means you received a 1099 form); it's just the way it it. 

logic and law don't necessarily align - sorry about that,