Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I purchased turbo tax on bigtaxdeal.com. How do I verify the turbo tax software I downloaded is legit?

I just wanted to provide an update. I successfully disputed the charge via my credit card company, although it seemed to take longer than pay disputes.

I emailed save used to contact us form on their website 12-15 times, including 7 days in a row asking them to refund the charge due to false advertisement as an authorized reseller. I never heard anything back from the seller.

Evidently my cc company didn't either, as they never asked for additional info from me.

By the way, I did call Intuit and asked if there was any way I could report the seller, but at someone previously mentioned there is no option to do so.

Do yourself a favor and avoid this website. Saving $20-$30 isn't worth the potential issues, especially when it comes to your tax return 

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

I purchased turbo tax on bigtaxdeal.com. How do I verify the turbo tax software I downloaded is legit?

Thank you for the update.  It's a good idea to report the unauthorized website using this link:  Report a fake email (or phishing). Even though it's not a fake email that you're reporting, you can use that link to email our security team and report the seller.

In addition, refer to the following Help Article for TurboTax authorized retailers:  Where can I obtain authentic TurboTax programs?

@Snoopy70 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies