turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mysee99

I purchase the software from the store, why is it asking me to pay for the state software?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

I purchase the software from the store, why is it asking me to pay for the state software?

We cannot tell what you are really using.  Your question is being posted from online Premier.  If you installed desktop software then why are you posting from online software?  Did you accidentally "log on" to online TurboTax instead of using the software program that you installed to your own computer?  When you use desktop software which you install from a CD or download to your own hard drive, then there is no "logging on" with a password.  You just open up the program and work from your computer.  If you have somehow messed up and have been using online instead, then that is why it is charging you for state software.  State software is an extra fee with online TurboTax.

You can call customer support to sort out what you did:

To call TurboTax customer support

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

They are available from 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. Pacific time.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies