Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

atalarsb

I paid TurboTax with my credit card in step1. I supposed to make an e-file. The program won't let me to change or make an e-file in step 3. How can I get my payment back?

To make a file  for my retur I was asked to pay using TurboTax in step 1, and provide refund info in step2. After payment in step 3, the program asks me to fix an error to file. But the error can't be fixed in my condition.  So the problem is I already make a payment but couldn't file it. How this billing problem can be solved?
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
atalarsb

I paid TurboTax with my credit card in step1. I supposed to make an e-file. The program won't let me to change or make an e-file in step 3. How can I get my payment back?

the problem in my condition is the the program wants me to provide my parent information to fill Form 8615. But my parent's have never been in the USA and that's why they don't have a SSN number.  Since I can not provide a valid information, I can not fix that error file my tax.

LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

I am attaching a TurboTax discussion link for your information.  Click here:  8615 foreign parents

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
atalarsb

Thank you for the suggestion. I have another quick question.  Today is the last day to file, so if I print today and mail it tomorrow, does it still be acceptable or is my file going to be considered as passed due?

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

It must be post marked by midnight tonight to be considered filed on time. You may want to file an extension, instead, so that it will be considered filed on time. Any tax balance due should be paid or mailed tonight. 

For more information, see: 

How do I file an IRS extension (Form 4868)?

When are Taxes Due? Important Tax Deadlines and Dates - TurboTax Tax Tips & Videos

What if I missed the May 17 filing deadline?

@atalarsb

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies