reynaldo520

I own federal taxes and apply for OPA in my Turbotax, need to make first payment with my e-file federal taxes. as I send then. but when that payment will be taken?

I am ok with making the first payment, but not sure if it will be taken right away from my checking account as soon as i send the e-files, or will be taken later after IRS agree with the OPA?

DawnC0

If you make a payment with your e-file, your payment will be collected right away.  Your installment agreement will be accepted if you owe less than $10K and all of the following apply:

• During the past 5 years, you filed and paid on time, and had no other installment agreements
  • You can prove that you cannot pay on time
  • You agree to pay the full amount within 3 years and to comply with tax laws while the agreement is in effect.  
Different ways to apply for an IRS installment plan

DawnC0