I owe taxes this year. When will turbo tax deduct ...

rathgar14

I owe taxes this year. When will turbo tax deduct the tax payment from my account?

The service is already paid for, I'm asking specifically about my tax bill. Filled a few days ago and told TT to deduct amount owed that day. Funds have not been withdrawn. Last year I owed and HRB didn't take funds until the day after taxes where due. Just curious if TT does the same thing.
DanaB27

If you entered that you want to amount withdrawn then the IRS will withdraw the amount on the date selected. If you selected the same day as e-filed it might be a few days until the funds are withdrawn.

You can view your balance and payment activity at the IRS Paying Your Taxes site.

rjs

TurboTax and H&R Block do not withdraw your tax payment from your bank account. The IRS withdraws it. Sometimes it takes them a few days, and I don't think they make any withdrawals on weekends. Your payment will be credited as of the date that you specified, even if the IRS doesn't withdraw it until a few days later.