I owe taxes for the past 5 years. Do I have to create separate payment plans for each year or one payment plan for total amount I owe for all 5 years?

I have all of the paper work done and ready to send but I'm unsure if I fill out one payment plan form for 5.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Do not send all of those tax returns to the IRS in the same envelope.  Make sure you send them separately, each in its own envelope.  Use a mailing service that will track them so you know they are received by the iRS--such as certified mail, UPS, or Fedex.  You will hear from the IRS about the penalties you owe for filing so late if you have owed taxes for 5 years.  When you know the amount, you can probably set up a payment plan for what you owe.

Well there's a Installment Agreement Request (Form 9465) that I was told to fill out but I'm unsure if I have to fill out this form for each individual year or one form for the total amount I owe for all 5 years.

Form 9465 allows you to address multiple years. Form/Instructions: <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.irs.gov/uac/about-form-9465">https://www.irs.gov/uac/about-form-9465</a> See Part I, Line 1

Yes ... read the form carefully ...