I owe my state taxes due to not having my unemploy...

areedepick0102

I owe my state taxes due to not having my unemployment taxed, but now president biden changed the unemployment tax policy which I fall into. Do I still owe state taxes?

That depends on what state you are in.    The federal tax law change only affects your federal tax return.  However some states have also jumped in and changed their tax laws for unemployment to conform with the federal change.  But some states are still taxing all unemployment.  What state are you asking about?

areedepick0102

I live in Indiana. They aren’t updating their websites fast enough for me to make my deadline if I do still owe that money, so this is frustrating. 

Indiana is not taxing the first $10,200 of unemployment.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/internal-revenue-service/help/how-is-my-state-taxing-unemployment-...