Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I owe federal and state taxes. Can I use one bank account to pay for federal and the other bank account to pay for state taxes using turbo tax?

I finished my taxes and owe a refund for both federal and state. When filing electronically I want to use one bank to file my federal and the other bank to file state taxes I owe. Does turbo tax allow me to do that? If not I will need to transfer money to one bank account before I can submit my taxes. Please advise.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I owe federal and state taxes. Can I use one bank account to pay for federal and the other bank account to pay for state taxes using turbo tax?

Yes, you can use a different bank account for federal taxes owed and state taxes owed.  In the File section of the program when taxes are owed and you select Direct Debit from a bank account is where you enter the bank routing and account numbers.  First for federal and then you will be asked how to pay the state taxes owed where you select direct debit for the state taxes and enter a different bank routing and account number.

View solution in original post

@wombat908 wrote:

Can the funds be taken out of a savings accounts (by using the bank's routing number and your account number) 

Yes.  You can select either a checking or savings account.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Yes, you can use a different bank account for federal taxes owed and state taxes owed.  In the File section of the program when taxes are owed and you select Direct Debit from a bank account is where you enter the bank routing and account numbers.  First for federal and then you will be asked how to pay the state taxes owed where you select direct debit for the state taxes and enter a different bank routing and account number.

Can the funds be taken out of a savings accounts (by using the bank's routing number and your account number) 

@wombat908 wrote:

Yes.  You can select either a checking or savings account.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies