Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

I only filed one of my W-2’s. How can I file my other one?

2 Replies
Level 15

I only filed one of my W-2’s. How can I file my other one?

If you actually submitted and filed then you have to wait until the IRS starts taking returns on Jan 27 and see if it is Accepted or Rejected. If it Rejects you can add the missing info and resend it. BUT if it is Accepted then you will have to wait until late February to fill out an Amended Return 1040X. So if you have filed DO NOT enter anything else into your return until you find out if you have to amend. Come back in February and we will tell you how to amend then.


Again DO NOT CHANGE or enter anything into your return if you already filed. You will have to start the Amended return with the original return that was filed.


You can check your efiling status here,

Level 15

I only filed one of my W-2’s. How can I file my other one?

What do you mean "filed" ?   Do you mean you already e-filed a 2019 tax return with only one W-2 on it and now you have another one?  If so, you have messed up.  Please click Reply with an answer and then we will tell you what to do next.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

About Community

Learn about taxes, budgeting, saving, borrowing, reducing debt, investing, and planning for retirement.



Manage cookies