Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cat99

I need to edit my business profile on TT. How do I do this using the Deluxe version of TT---not the Home & Office Version?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I need to edit my business profile on TT. How do I do this using the Deluxe version of TT---not the Home & Office Version?

Using the Deluxe desktop edition -

• Click on Federal Taxes 
  • Click on Wages and Income
  • Click on I'll choose what I work on
  • Scroll down to Business Items
  • On Business Income and Expenses (Sch C), click on the start or update button

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Using the Deluxe desktop edition -

• Click on Federal Taxes 
  • Click on Wages and Income
  • Click on I'll choose what I work on
  • Scroll down to Business Items
  • On Business Income and Expenses (Sch C), click on the start or update button
cat99

This does not work on the Deluxe Version.

The Deluxe desktop edition has the same sections as the Premier edition which is what I am using.
Are you saying the Deluxe edition does not have a Business Items section under Wages and Income?

Or are you seeing the program recommending you upgrade to Home and Business edition?  If that is what you are seeing, then that is only a recommendation and Not a requirement.  Just continue using the Deluxe edition.

Please confirm you are using the Desktop Deluxe program and not the Online web based version.
cat99

There is a Business Items section under Wages & Income.  I click on Business Income & Expenses (Sch C).  There is no place to update my business profile to indicate that I sold the business on 10/4/17.
cat99

I am using the Desktop Deliuxe Program.

After the section for entering a Form 1099-MISC and the section for Other Income not Reported on a 1099-MISC the following screen Tell Us More About Your Business has a check box to select if you sold the business in 2017.

See Screenshot

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies