turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I need to e file my state tax, l. i've already received federal but need to do my state. how do i do it? how do i select state refund only?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

I need to e file my state tax, l. i've already received federal but need to do my state. how do i do it? how do i select state refund only?

@claudiasorto9498  asked:  "I need to e file my state tax, l. i've already received federal but need to do my state. how do i do it? how do i select state refund only?"

1) How did you prepare the Federal return?   Did you use Online TurboTax or another method?

2) How did you file the Federal return--was it efiled, or did you print and mail a paper return in postal mail?

go through the FILE steps. TurboTax knows you did Federal already. That leaves State.

hi. i filed online. there was an issue with the federal return. Someone had filed one of my dependents and got a hold of her ss# which caused for a pause and irs investigation. once that was resolved i received my federal refund. i went to finalize my return on turbo tax but it still shows in the pause status due to the investigation. maybe i need to redo ???

thank you. will be trying this again. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies