Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

bvc0911

When I upgrade from, say Premier to Home Business will I get a CD sent to the address on record or is it a digital upgrade? Interface is somewhat confusing.

I want to use the in-software UPGRADE feature (to upgrade from Premier to Home and Business). However, the interface does not indicate whether this would be sent by CD or digital. I am not currently at the original address shown in the Billing section.

Bryan

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

When I upgrade from, say Premier to Home Business will I get a CD sent to the address on record or is it a digital upgrade? Interface is somewhat confusing.

Are you using desktop software installed on your computer?    By your username it says "Online Premier."   Please verify what product you are currently using.    Are you using the Online website or installed software?

No, the upgrade does not come on CD.  It is downloaded to your program once you make the payment.  

And what is the reason  you are wanting to upgrade from Premier?   The desktop version of Premier and Home and  Business handle the same forms.  The latter provides more help and guidance to people who have Schedule C businesses, but they can both prepare all the usual Federal forms.

But, as I said above, you need to clarify if you are indeed using the desktop product and not the Online version.
bvc0911

I'm using the desktop Mac version. Thank you.

[moved to Answer section]
bvc0911

I need more help and guidance. For $10 it's worth the upgrade. I just didn't wanted to be sure it is a digital version. Thanks for your help.

You're welcome.  Good luck.

See above discussion.

When choosing the in-software upgrade, it will upgrade right to your Mac electronically.   There will be no CD sent.   The CD is always Release 1 anyway.   The current installation file is release R23 or more.

You didn't say why you wanted to upgrade.  As I mentioned above, desktop Premier can handle all the forms that Home and Business can.  They differ mainly in the amount of help and guidance.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies