donnagabrielchav

I meant to e file but chose mail

What should I do? I need to e file. But chose mail.

mesquitebean

I meant to e file but chose mail

As long as you have not actually filed, here's how to change filing methods if TurboTax thinks you are finished:

• Log in and go to your 2016 Tax Timeline.
  • If TurboTax thinks you are finished, there will be no orange "Take me to my return" button.
  • So in that case, scroll down to "Some things you can do."
  • Choose "Add a State."  (you don't really add one; that's just to get the return to open up.)
  • Once the return is open, go to the FILE tab to change the filing method.

NOTE:  Do NOT use this method to open a return to make changes/edits to an already-filed return (one that has actually been mailed or efiled.)   If you later need to make changes to an already-filed return, you have to go through the formal amending process, and your return must start off exactly as originally filed.

mesquitebean

I meant to e file but chose mail

dgoins25

I meant to e file but chose mail

What if its still in progress
mesquitebean

I meant to e file but chose mail

doings25:
This is an old already-answered thread from last year.   What is your issue?  What all have you done and need to do?