Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I'm trying to add income from a 1099-Misc for Commercial fishing. The income is listed under box #5 - fishing boat proceeds. But that box does not appear on the page.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
PatriciaR

I'm trying to add income from a 1099-Misc for Commercial fishing. The income is listed under box #5 - fishing boat proceeds. But that box does not appear on the page.

You will need to enter the 1099-MISC under Other Common Income:  Follow these steps:

• Sign into your TurboTax account and click "Take me to my return"
  • Select Federal Taxes (top of program)
  • Select the Wages & Income sub-tab
  • Select "Add More Income" button if shown, then "See list of all income", if shown (you want to see a list of all income options)
  • Scroll down until you come to Other Common Income

NOTE: Do not select to enter the 1099-MISC under Self-Employment (keep scrolling until you come to Other Common Income to enter your 1099-MISC)

• Under Other Common Income, select 1099-MISC
  • When at the 1099-MISC screen, click My form has other info in boxes 1-18. This will open additional boxes for entry including Box 5

FOR A SHORTCUT: In the Search box (upper right of program), search "1099 misc" and select the "Jump to" link.  This will take you to the correct page to enter your 1099-MISC under Other Common Income.

Click on screenshot below for detail

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies