Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

reidindy

I'm ready to file my federal return, but I keep getting a pop-up to review asking for a "Date Sold" entry for a vehicle we didn't sell. It's for form 2106

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
PaulaM
Expert Alumni

I'm ready to file my federal return, but I keep getting a pop-up to review asking for a "Date Sold" entry for a vehicle we didn't sell. It's for form 2106

Delete the vehicle from the vehicle summary in the job-related expense section. Run the review again to check if error is cleared.

Add the vehicle back in if you are still using it for your job.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

8 Replies
PaulaM
Expert Alumni

Did you stop using the vehicle?
reidindy

No, but when I originally prepared my taxes yesterday I put we stopped using the vehicle 8/30/2016. After speaking with one of your experts last night, he told me to keep the vehicle active since we still own it. I went back through and took out the end date, but I can't finish my filing without that popping up.
PaulaM
Expert Alumni

You cleared the date. Did you select the 'yes' still using button'?
reidindy

Yes I did. Should I delete the 2106 form for the 4Runner and go back through to re-enter everything?
PaulaM
Expert Alumni

Yes, you can do that. Or just delete the vehicle from the vehicle section if you have other job-related expenses.
reidindy

Thank you!! That fixed it.
PaulaM
Expert Alumni

Yea! You are welcome 🙂 I'll summarize below.
PaulaM
Expert Alumni

Delete the vehicle from the vehicle summary in the job-related expense section. Run the review again to check if error is cleared.

Add the vehicle back in if you are still using it for your job.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies