I'm on a Mac and entered my credit card to purchase state to file online. The button "place order" is not visible. I can't place my order.

And I noticed two recent similar questions in the Google search results but when I link to them Intuit posts "Sorry, we couldn't find that question. It may have been archived or deleted."  so this is not an isolated incident

I just figured this out by using an Apple TV, basically you need to connect your laptop screen to the Apple TV using AirPlay (open up System Preferences --> Display --> Airplay Display). Then once you've shared your laptop screen with the Apple TV, change "Optimize for" to the name of your apple TV. This will shrink the windows so you can access the "place order" button.