turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

When can we start filing taxes for tax year 2018 (filed in 2019)

Still processing

I filed on 2/15, was accepted the same day for both federal an state, & I claimed EIC.. I just check the IRS site an have a DDD of 2/25

This is the fastest I’ve encountered!
anshpo

I found this great article on daily and weekly transcripts and what they mean as far as updates and processing. From what I interpret, the weekly people should see an update Saturday if we filed before 2/15. If you have further info on this topic, please feel free to post it. I'm only posting what I find and there are so many different explanations out there. <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://refundtalk.com/daily-vs-weekly-account-processing/">http://refundtalk.com/daily-vs-weekly-acc...>

Awesome.  Thanks for sharing unfortunately I can't access my transcripts

@anshpo I have tried several times to retrieve my transcript with no luck, has there been any mention of a ddd for those persons that received a estimated date from turbo tax? I received a date of 2/13/19...….I received the path message now it is gone and I have the processing message. This has been one of the most hardest years in refund history I believe for everyone. WE NEED HELP ……..LOL

Completely agree with @cassandrawillis3 ! I haven't been able to receive my transcripts due to no way to show Identity w. C.cards,loans etc. Above I posted for yas,and  seen IRS isn't gonna update until 2/23. This is frustrating, last yr i got it by the 22nd. Anyone who filed 1/27 accepted 1/28, received EIC message on 15th & STILL have processing message give any updates?? It's the not knowing when to look forward to it that's the most frustrating.

@Mama2Many where does it say that we have to verify our identity? I've looked over and over no luck. And last year I received my refund on the 18th of Feb, so I guess the joke's on us this year, there no way to get the online transcript nor get updates directly from the  irs, so here's to Sat the 23rd...….with exciting news for us all

I filed mine the 1/17 it was accepted on the 22 and then accepted a few days after that and I've been sitting on accepted for a few weeks but mine is to be deposited tomorrow hopefully according to WMR.
anshpo

@cassandrawillis3 Where do you see an estimated refund date in your Turbotax account? I claimed EITC and was accepted before the 15th. I'm guessing most of us will see something Saturday. I'm still on processing as well and I have my fees taken out of my refund, the Santa Barbara bank has had my info since last Saturday. Those of us with EITC that filed before 2/15 will most likely get our refund next week. At least that's what I'm hoping. Last year we got pulled for random identity verification and it delayed our refund. I may pull my transcript again tomorrow. Even if you just have a store credit card you can verify your identity and pull your transcript.

@anshpo I did with a kohl credit card and could verify. I dont understand tried bank card also. Was locked out for 24 hours

@anshpo What state are you in? I'm in Texas, I haven't heard of the random selection for verification. On the TurboTax website I have the bar that gives me the Federal return transmitted date of 1/28 then I have the Federal return accepted date 1/23 and then I have the estimated federal refund date of 2/13

@cassandrawillis3 Im in Ohio, heard nothing like that either. Previous years TT would show a bar of the status...Previous years there be bars I haven't seen 1 this year. All it tells me is total & accepted. Previous years also sent me emails of ACCEPT in or updates, I didn't get one when my state taxes got refunded. I'm lost this year
anshpo

I'm in Ohio. Last year many, many people were randomly selected to do identity verification. Since more and more people file online using free or inexpensive software, they did it to crack down on identity theft and fraud. You get a letter in the mail and call, respond to questions about this year and last years tax return. I dont know anyone who has been selected this year, but last year we knew lots. It slowed everything down. Had to wait to get the letter to do anything, then call. Waited about two weeks after that to get our refund. I had hoped to get ours by the first week of March as I had heard the 21 days is just a guideline, not a guarentee and that people with the PATH message dont start that clock until 2/15. Of course, most things we hear are speculation. They IRS will not give you any additional info by phone, other than what's on WMR, until it's been 21 past your accepted date (or 21 days past 2/15 for people with EITC and all) unless theres some serious flag thrown up by your return. Like two people claiming the same child and such. Basically, we all have to wait and it sucks and we'll all hope for the quickest refund possible. Still crossing my fingers for a DDD Saturday.

Update filed both federal and state on 1/28 fed got accepted on 1/28 state (va) was accepted 1/31... stayed on path message until Feb 15 but could order transcripts the 1st week of Feb but no 846 code... earlier this week checked va wmr for state got dd of 2/28 .. on today I checked federal wmr still saying processing but finally my transcript has code 846 with dd of 2/27.. wmr should update overnight for me to show me date but if not I finally have date on my transcript..
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies