turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I'm having trouble getting the Schedule H within TurboTax online to match what I received from my accounting firm. Seems to be a $7000 FUTA cap issue. Any suggestions?

I'm having trouble aligning the Schedule H I received from an accounting firm with the values generated by TurboTax online. The discrepancy seems to occur in line 20 of schedule H, "Total Cash Wages Subject to FUTA tax". The TurboTax auto fills in the value that I provided for the State Taxable wages, whereas my accounting firm put in $7000 corresponding to the annual cap. Is there any mechanism within TurboTax to adjust this field, or is there another question I'm answering that might be impacting how this variable is calculated?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I'm having trouble getting the Schedule H within TurboTax online to match what I received from my accounting firm. Seems to be a $7000 FUTA cap issue. Any suggestions?

If you had a payroll company file all  the payroll tax reports  and issue your household employees their W-2 forms then you do NOT ALSO file a Sch H on your tax return unless you like paying the payroll taxes twice. If you paid a nanny then that amount is ONLY entered in the dependent care expenses section. 

Thanks for the reply, but my situation is a bit unusual and doesn't fit into these scenarios. I did have a company figure out the payroll and create the W-2s, but as it was past the payment deadline they did not make the federal payments. As such, they've instructed me to include the schedule H in my federal return.

Given that, I'd still be interested in understanding if there is a way to address this apparent incorrect calculation in the online TurboTax calculations. Intuit's article on this topic acknowledges the $7000 cap - https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tips/self-employment-taxes/tax-tips-for-nannies-and-at-home-care-giv...

Please contact support via phone for one on one assistance with this situation if you still need it  ... contact details can be found here

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies