Solved: I'm a RI res who works in MA. I have 2 W-2's, the MA W-2 has all boxes filled. The RI W-2 has no info for boxes 1-13, only BOX 16 & 17. Cant E-File this year, why?

I'm a RI res who works in MA. I have 2 W-2's, the MA W-2 has all boxes filled. The RI W-2 has no info for boxes 1-13, only BOX 16 & 17. Cant E-File this year, why?

You cannot e-file returns where the W-2 box 1 is blank or box 16 exceeds box 1

You may want to contact the issuer of the form to determine whether this form is accurate and complete. Otherwise - you can file, but you must file by mail.

To change your filing method:

1. Sign In - Continue your/take me to my return
  2. Go to File (upper right)
  3. (Complete Steps 1 and 2) Start Step 3
  4. Select File by mail to open the Change filing methods window. Choose from E-file, File by mail, or I'm not ready to file for federal and all of your states.

E-file
    : Continue to Transmit (my) Returns Now. When you see Transmission Successful, you're done! 
    File By Mail: Print off your finalized return - mail it to the address provided on your Filing Instructions 

To change your filing method:

2. Go to File (upper right)

E-file