Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I live in ca and although the side description mentions we can leave "locality" blank on our 1099-G, the system keeps prompting me to input something but my paper has non

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

I live in ca and although the side description mentions we can leave "locality" blank on our 1099-G, the system keeps prompting me to input something but my paper has non

Use the locality where you were living when you received the unemployment.

BrittanyS
Expert Alumni

If this is for unemployment, the locality would be the area you lived in when the unemployment was received.  Typically you can enter either the state or the locality when entering the 1099-G

@vanessaamande27 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

The thing is, I don’t know what this “locality” is. I lived in Palmdale CA (93550 zip code). Could you tell me what that is? 

it’s peculiar that there isn’t even a box for locality on the tax  paper that came in to me for unemployment 

Hi there,

thank you for your response. I tried to put the state ( CA ) in but it still prompts me to input the locality. I’m unsure exactly what that is but the unemployment tax  paper that came in doesn’t even have a box for “locality”. I lived in Palmdale CA (93550 zip code); do you know how to figure out the locality for this area ? 

DianeW777
Expert Alumni

Since your locality is Palmdale you should enter that as your locality.  This should take the entry and allow you to move forward.

@vanessaamande27 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies