turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

blair2401

Cannot access account

I answer all the questions. I am told I will get a code from by e-mail (nothing) by telephone (nothing Therefore I cannot file my taxes using turbotax

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
JoceannaD

Cannot access account

I know this can seem tedious and be frustrating, however, please review all of the following helpful articles to retrieve your code from your e-mail, receive it by text, and to further troubleshoot, If you are referring to the verification code (6-digit code from TurboTax for multi-factor authentication). It could have expired, or you may need to copy and paste the code into the page to ensure it is correct.

Since you have been having difficulty with this, and you are a TurboTax Deluxe customer, I have included the Contact Us form at the bottom so that we can get this resolved for you.

• It can take up to 15 minutes for the code to be emailed to you, and check your junk email folders too. (Don’t try to get a new code too soon, it will invalidate the old code and you’ll end up waiting longer.) Please check all of your all Inbox folders; Junk, Bulk, Clutter, etc.

There are easy steps to resolve this. You have to leave the window open that asks for your verification code open, or it will invalidate the code. But, when you check your e-mail on the same device it sometimes closes the window.

I recommend opening a separate browser for your email and then a new browser for your TurboTax account. Then make sure you have deleted all previous code request emails so that the next one is the freshest.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4576376

• Select MyAccount from the upper right.
  • Click the Account Settings option.
  • If the email is wrong, click Edit on the Email address line in the PROFILE section and follow the instructions.(here is where you can confirm/verify/validate your e-mail as well)

Here is a way to get your 6 digit code from TurboTax for multi-factor authentication. Texted to you:

• To get access to make your changes, you can have the code sent to your email address or select the Confirm your account in another way option.
https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/5407221

Contact Us : https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3300041

Russelgm

Cannot access account

I am not able to access my account as of today. Calling is not working the website is not letting me log on and I've tried all of this and now it's say my number isn't recognized and there is not an account associated with my phone number. Why is this my accounts have a lot of money in them that I am not able to access. I just received my daily balance notification this morning and used my card fine this morning now o am not able to do anything with it. Can you tell me what is going on? Ifc about the stimulus I care about the money I had in my account and in my vault. I need access to my account now.

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

Cannot access account

Due to unprecedented traffic you may experience some delays on the site or phone line. We know everyone is anxious to get their stimulus money and we appreciate your patience.   

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies