cbakr4902

I know I can file multiple 1040 returns (5 max). I have completed my first one, how do I start the second 1040 return?

Lesa5011

In the dropdown menu under file, click start a new return.

Your post shows you are using the Deluxe online edition.  The online editions can only be used for one tax return per account and User ID.  To start another tax return using the online editions you will need to create a new account and a new User ID - https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/compare/online/

Only the TurboTax desktop CD/Download editions purchased and installed on a personal computer offer 5 free federal e-files and can be used to complete as many tax returns as needed.

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing