Solved: I just prepared my taxes with the new supposedly up to date on the new tax laws turbo tax, but it only gave me the 1k for the Child tax credit instead of the new 2k?

krisie84

I just prepared my taxes with the new supposedly up to date on the new tax laws turbo tax, but it only gave me the 1k for the Child tax credit instead of the new 2k?

AndreaC1

The increase to $2000 for Child Tax Credit does not apply to your 2017 return. It will take effect when you file your 2018 return in 2019. So the $1000 is still the correct amount for your 2017 return. You can find more details here 2017 Tax Reform Legislation

Other Related Topics:

AndreaC1

Other Related Topics: