turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

rpfricke

I just downloaded Turbo tax 2019; however, a desktop icon was not provided. How do I get one placed on my desktop?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

32 Replies

I just downloaded Turbo tax 2019; however, a desktop icon was not provided. How do I get one placed on my desktop?

Did you install the software?  What computer OS version is installed?  Windows or Mac?

Anonymous
Not applicable

if it's a win 10 computer, I understand a recent update to win 10 has caused problems with TT.

make sure all win 10 updates are installed.   reboot twice.   try reinstallation of TT.  

it this fails contact

Contact Customer Service
5am-5pm Pacific Time (8-8 Eastern) Monday - Friday
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact

meyering1

I just downloaded Turbo tax 2019; however, a desktop icon was not provided. How do I get one placed on my desktop?  My OS is Microsoft 10

meyering1

Windows

meyering1 

You only said "downloaded."   So have you not yet installed the TurboTax program after downloading the installation file?   At the end of installation it should place a TurboTax icon on the Windows desktop.   If you did install the program, but it didn't create a shortcut icon, we can tell you how to create a TurboTax shortcut icon to place on the Windows desktop, which is the same method to create any program's shortcut icon to launch a program's executable.

I had the TurboTax Icon but now it's changes to a generic.  Also on Windows 10.  It'd be nice if TurboTax would post their Icon where I could download it.

turbo tax shortcut

windows

@Ted Perzak wrote:

turbo tax shortcut

Here's how to create a shortcut in Windows:

Click the Windows Start icon in the bottom left of your taskbar to display a list of all your programs.

Scroll down the list to TurboTax 2019.

Click on that to expand, and it will show TurboTax 2019 again, which is a link to the executable.

Left-click on it and HOLD, then drag it to your desktop screen and release the left button.   That will deposit the shortcut on your desktop.

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

To create a desktop icon or shortcut for TurboTax, please do the following:

1. Browse to the TurboTax file on your hard disk for which you want to create a shortcut.
  2. Right-click the file for which you want to create a shortcut.
  3. Select Create Shortcut from the menu.
  4. Drag the shortcut to the desktop or any other folder.
  5. Rename the shortcut.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Windows 10.  Icon for TT and a few other programs became generic Icons after Windows did an update.  Tried doing a "repair" of TT but that crashed.  Ended up reinstalling TT (and the other programs).  All is well now but it was very frustrating.

TomK100
Expert Alumni

Here's how to create a TurboTax shortcut in Windows:

1. Click the Windows Start icon in the bottom left of your taskbar to display a list of all your programs.
  2. Scroll down the list to TurboTax 2019.
  3. Click on that to expand, and it will show TurboTax 2019 again, which is a link to the executable.
  4. Left-click on it and HOLD, then drag it to your desktop screen and release the left button.   That will deposit the shortcut on your desktop.

Other helpful instruction for adding a desktop icon for TurboTax id one is not created during download can be found in this discussion.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Irvinsolt
Returning Member

I cannot find my turbo tax 2019, I have already paid and need to get started. My login is [email address removed]. Please help

Irvinsolt
Returning Member

No. I cannot find the email to download it.

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies