abbocado

I have used quick employer forms to generate and efile a 1099nec to the IRS. Do I need to file anything seperately to the state of california?

LenaH

Yes. Although California is one of the states that support the Combined Federal and State Filing Program, the IRS is not forwarding the necessary information to California for 1099-NEC forms. 

Per the FTB, a paper or electronic copy of the form 1099-NEC must be filed with FTB directly, even if you filed it with the IRS. For 2020, the due date is:

• February 28, 2021 for paper
  • March 31, 2021 for electronic submissions

For more information, please see the FTB website 1099-NEC

LenaH

• February 28, 2021 for paper

TimmyTimmy

Has this changed for tax year 2021 to be filed in 2022? I think form 1099-NEC that is filed with the IRS is now automatically sent to the state of California's Franchise Tax Board.

Cynthiad66

@TimmyTimmy

Yes - For the FTB Form 1099-NEC is now part of the Combined Federal State Filing (CF/SF) Program. For more information, go to IRS Combined Federal/State Filing Program.

Use this link for California FTB Guidance:  California Guidance For Issuing Information Reports