Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have tried multiple times downloading turbotax to my MAC. I have updated my MAC operating system and ran disk utility but continue to receive an error code(#36). I think the disk is bad.

Can you send me a new disk or can I download from your website?
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
ChrisH1

I have tried multiple times downloading turbotax to my MAC. I have updated my MAC operating system and ran disk utility but continue to receive an error code(#36). I think the disk is bad.

Contact Customer Support and they will be able to look at your account and after some Identity verification, process a download push to provide yo with a new download of your purchased product.

I apologize for the inconvenience. Drop me a line here should you need further assistance. I check several times a day.

Contact TurboTax Technical Support: https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/
Request a call-back.

Explain to Representative that you have a non functioning MAC Disk

Ask representative to "Push a Download".

ChrisH1

The problem is observed when folders from a Windows-compatible volume get moved to a Mac and then back again. The dreaded “Error Code -36? message is the result. If you are experiencing this problem, you can run a simple dot_clean utility to remove the hidden "dot-underscore" files from your flash drive or memory card

Are you sure you have a MAC CD?

My CD lists instructions for MAC and windows. I have used turbotax on the same laptop the last 3 years without problems. I ran the disk utility, but I am not sure what you are referring to with the dot clean utility
ChrisH1

The error refers to the presence of Windows files on the MAC computer. The options I sent are suggested ways to clear these files. I do not have the equipment or access to test them.

I have tried all of your suggestions and am still getting the same error code. Please send me a new disk or let me download from the website. If unable to do this please refund my money and I will use another tax service.
ChrisH1

OK please follow the instructions in the answer below.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies