ronaldlsloane

I have to attach a required miscellaneous statement to my federal return. Is there a form within TurboTax that will allow me to do this or do I have to file via mail?

tagteam

TurboTax Business has a full-page blank statement form, but it is not entitled as the Reg dictates (it simply reads, "Miscellaneous Statement").

Some professional software tax prep programs include the appropriately entitled statement, but not TurboTax. As a result, you could be better off simply using a word processor to generate the statement and then printing and mailing the entire return.

tagteam

There is a Blank Form that appears that it would be e-filed along with the rest of the forms in the return.

ronaldlsloane

It could work but I only get half a page. I need a full page to provide all of the supporting information I need to provide to the IRS. The Blank form does allow me to continue but it prints out on a separate page. Maybe next year they will allow for full page statement. 😀

rjs

TurboTax usually has provisions for statements that are required by the IRS. What exactly do you need the statement for?

ronaldlsloane

Statement pursuant to IRS Regulation Section 1.351-3(a) transfers of property to controlled corporation.

tagteam

ronaldlsloane

That's what I thought. Thanks