Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

grayjaime
Returning Member

I have the password for my account, but I forgot the password and the answer to security question for my tax document. How can I reset the password?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

I have the password for my account, but I forgot the password and the answer to security question for my tax document. How can I reset the password?

@grayjaime  

If you know your account password, could you clarify exactly what other password it is you have forgotten or let us know where in your tax return this password is required?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
wradrion

I have the password for my account, but I forgot the password for my .tax2021 and the answer to security question. It asks me for my high school and I have tried every possible spelling

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

@wradrion 

If you are referring to the password protection of TurboTax CD/Downloaded files, please see the FAQ link provided below for assistance:

How do I access my password-protected TurboTax Desktop file if I forgot the password?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies