jkelle16

I have the German equivalent of a w2 form in addition to an American w2. How do I declare my German income?

IsabellaG

Report this income as Foreign Earned Income, if you earned this income while outside the US. 

• You'll find that under Less Common Income.
  • Go through the entire section. You may be able to exclude this income, or claim a credit for Foreign Taxes Paid.

If you worked for this German company in the US, report it as wages not reported on a W-2 or 1099.

• That's also under Less Common Income, but as Miscellaneous Income. 
  • The first choice under Miscellaneous Income is Other income not already reported on a Form W-2 or Form 1099.
  • Go through that section, past the screens that don't apply to you until you reach the screen Enter Source of Other Earned Income
  • Choose Other.

Then enter a description and amount.

IsabellaG

• Choose Other.

Then enter a description and amount.