Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mithlesh

I have RESNQO in box 14 of W2 I got from Cisco. What does it mean ? There is a dollar amount of around 13000 with that code.

I have a W2 from Cisco. The box 14 has RESNQO with a dollar amount of around 13000. What does it mean?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I have RESNQO in box 14 of W2 I got from Cisco. What does it mean ? There is a dollar amount of around 13000 with that code.

Employers use Box 14 on Form W-2 to provide other information to employees. Generally, the amount in Box 14 is for informational purposes only; however, some employers use Box 14 to report amounts that should be entered elsewhere on your return.

Employers use many different abbreviations and codes in Box 14 to report a variety of information.  I am not sure what the RES is for, but "NQO" usually refers to a Non-Qualified Stock Option.

TurboTax cannot determine your employer's intent based upon the code or abbreviation used. If you have questions regarding the information reported in Box 14, contact the employer that issued the W-2.  

If you have Box 14 information that needs to be reported on your return, it should be entered in the proper section of the Federal interview.

hetty

Cisco issues RSUs, so the RES is probably for restricted
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies