turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

yktm
Level 2

I have received a corrected W2 , it has all the boxes filled with 0's ,do I need to include it in my return ?

I have received a corrected W2 , it has all the boxes filled with 0's.

THis w2c was issued to correct the third party sick pay which the company inocrrectly issued.

I am not able to e-file if I inculde this W2c in my return.

Since there was no income received , can i not include this W2c?

Please help.

Thanks,

KTM

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

I have received a corrected W2 , it has all the boxes filled with 0's ,do I need to include it in my return ?

You can still e-file with a corrected W-2  as long as you have not already filed your return.  If you have already filed, you would need to file an amended return which can not be e-filed.  Jave you already filed?

Form W-2c: Corrected Wage and Tax Statement is simply a corrected version of your W-2.  Your W-2c will look a little different than a regular W-2; it has two columns, Previously reported and Correct information.

Enter the dollar amounts from the Correct information column. Don't forget to check the Corrected W-2 box when you get to the Do any of these uncommon situations apply? screen.

If you already imported or entered your W-2 and you haven't yet filed, go back and edit your W-2 with the corrected info from your W-2c.  This will NOT prevent you from e-filing.  

And if you already mailed your return, or it was accepted, you may need to amend.   Use this link to verify whether or not you need to file the amendment.  You probably do if it involves sick pay.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
yktm
Level 2

Hi ,
Thanks for you response. 
I haven't filed it yet , but it is still not allowing me to file with 0's.

Is it better to remove the Corrected w2 itself as it doesnt have any income ?

Thank,

KTM

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

If the corrected copy is completely blank - with no entries anywhere, then you can delete the W-2 and keep copies of both the original and corrected.   See the instructions above.  If some of the numbers were changed to 0 but there is still information on the original that is unchanged, then you merge the 2 documents together.   When you have a corrected W-2, you replace the original instead on adding a 2nd one.  

If the original has been entirely voided, do not enter the W-2 and keep copies of each for your records.  

yktm
Level 2

Hi ,

Appreciate your immediate response.

Yes except for the item 13. Third-party sick pay , which is checked in both the original and corrected W2's.

Everything else is either 0 or blank.

So I can remove the W2 from filing and just have them for my records?

Again appreciate you for the answer.

Thanks,

Kowsik

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

It depends.

If there are no other values in any other boxes except for Box 13 being checked, you can follow the advice given above.  You do not have anything to report as there are no values.

yktm
Level 2

Appreciate the response @JotikaT2 

Sorry for asking this again .

Just wanted to make sure ,when you says no values it includes 0's right.

Thanks,

Kowsik

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

That is correct.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies