Anonymous
Not applicable

I HAVE NOT RECEIVED 1099-C FROM LENDERS FOR DEBT DISCHARGED IN CH 13, DISCHARGED DEC2016. DO I NEED THAT 1099C?

I HAD DEBT DISCHARGED BY CH 13 BANKRUPTCY IN DEC. 2016. I ALSO AVOIDED A JUDGMENT AND A LIEN ON MY HOUSE FROM A CREDIT CARD CO. DO I HAVE TO SHOW THIS ALL ON MY TAX RETURN. iF YES, THEN WHERE?

AmyT

You may not receive 1099-Cs for debt that was discharged as a result of bankruptcy.

Debts that are discharged in bankruptcy are not considered to be taxable income (it is one of the exceptions to the need to report 1099-C income).

AmyT