turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jblande

I have no K-1 this year but TT tells me I failed to enter K-1 data. What is going on?

If I don't have K-1 why am I being told I have an error for failing to enter Sub S company name, data?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ToddL

I have no K-1 this year but TT tells me I failed to enter K-1 data. What is going on?

The program does this to make sure you don't forget to enter information (e.g. K-1 income, expenses, credits, deductions) that you had entered in previous years.

If you think you might have this K-1 in the future, you can just enter "0"s in  any fields the program asks about. It won't affect your return and the information will be saved for next time you get this K-1.

If you won't be getting this K-1 again, you can delete it (Schedule K-1 Wksheet - S-Corporation) in Forms View of your TurboTax desktop program. If using a TurboTax Online program, see: How do I delete forms in TurboTax Online?

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ToddL

The program does this to make sure you don't forget to enter information (e.g. K-1 income, expenses, credits, deductions) that you had entered in previous years.

If you think you might have this K-1 in the future, you can just enter "0"s in  any fields the program asks about. It won't affect your return and the information will be saved for next time you get this K-1.

If you won't be getting this K-1 again, you can delete it (Schedule K-1 Wksheet - S-Corporation) in Forms View of your TurboTax desktop program. If using a TurboTax Online program, see: How do I delete forms in TurboTax Online?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies