turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cwd08051959
Returning Member

I have my return on my laptop. Is there ANY way I can use the Turbo Tax app on my smart phone to take a picture of my W2 and download it into my tax file on my laptop?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

I have my return on my laptop. Is there ANY way I can use the Turbo Tax app on my smart phone to take a picture of my W2 and download it into my tax file on my laptop?

Do you have desktop software on your laptop?  No.  Snapping a photo of a W-2 is only a feature of the mobile app for online TT.

It would take less time to key that W-2 in by hand than you have spent even asking the question and waiting for a response.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
cwd08051959
Returning Member

Do I have desktop software on my laptop?  YES, I do, btw.  I'm thinking, though, that unless I do my taxes on my phone, the app is useless.  When was the last time you entered a W2 by hand?

cwd08051959
Returning Member

That's true ... perhaps a new feature TurboTax could work on?  I'm sure I'm not the only one that could benefit from it.

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

Yes. You can log into your TurboTax account on your smart phone, take a picture of your W-2 for TurboTax to import it, then sign back into your TurboTax account on your laptop to finish up. Click here for steps on how to snap a picture of your W-2.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies