cwd08051959

I have my return on my laptop. Is there ANY way I can use the Turbo Tax app on my smart phone to take a picture of my W2 and download it into my tax file on my laptop?

Do you have desktop software on your laptop?  No.  Snapping a photo of a W-2 is only a feature of the mobile app for online TT.

It would take less time to key that W-2 in by hand than you have spent even asking the question and waiting for a response.

cwd08051959

Do I have desktop software on my laptop?  YES, I do, btw.  I'm thinking, though, that unless I do my taxes on my phone, the app is useless.  When was the last time you entered a W2 by hand?

cwd08051959

That's true ... perhaps a new feature TurboTax could work on?  I'm sure I'm not the only one that could benefit from it.

ChondelLO
Employee TurboTax Specialist

Yes. You can log into your TurboTax account on your smart phone, take a picture of your W-2 for TurboTax to import it, then sign back into your TurboTax account on your laptop to finish up. Click here for steps on how to snap a picture of your W-2.