Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mdwhitley

I have interest from several tax-exempt bonds, 1099-INT throws an error when entering 'various' for Box 14. Won't let me proceed with e-filing.

Every other year I have entered 'various' and e-file has been fine. This year it is requiring a 0-9 number for the bond CUSIP number, which I have several. This error catches the final e-file submission check, so I am unable to file.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
IreneS
Intuit Alumni

I have interest from several tax-exempt bonds, 1099-INT throws an error when entering 'various' for Box 14. Won't let me proceed with e-filing.

You should be able to enter the word "various" for more than one CUSIP number.   [I was unable to duplicate your situation.]  However, if you are getting an error message, you can leave the box blank.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
mdwhitley

'various' works when you originally put it in while going through entering details. Once you get to e-file step and it does the final check, right before submission, that is when it flags 'various' as not valid. My assumption was to just go with leaving it blank as I don't see turbotax populate anything in the schedule b form with what is filled in anyway, but just want to do a sanity check.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies